5 Things I love about Autumn, what do you love about it?
1. Knitwear – get me some leggings, boots and a chunky jumper anyday! My favourite thing to wear when I’m not at work is a lovely soft jumper, being all snug with a white hot chocolate!
2. Halloween! – I’ve loved Halloween for as long as I can remember, even when I was tiny my mum would paint my face green make me a witches costume and take me trick or treating round relatives houses! Every year I celebrate in one way or another, whether it’s a party or a night in with movies and snacks, and I ALWAYS carve a pumpkin! (below’s mine from last year as well as some cakes my boyfriend and I made).
3. Candy Corn – A Halloween treat which sends me so hyper! Made from pretty much pure sugar, honey and corn syrup, again it just reminds me of being young and so we always snack on this at Halloween. This year we bought some cinnamon flavoured Candy corn back from the US for something a little different. If you’re not sure what Candy corn is, or want to try making your own, you can find a great recipe here.
4. Autumn Walks – My boyfriend and I love Sunday woodland walks, we drive out towards Leicester to some lovely, quiet woods with a little cafe! In the Autumn the leaves have changed colour, there are acorns on the ground and the weather is cool enough to walk and not feel overheated but warm enough to just go round in a jumper and without needing hundreds of layers!
5. Ugg Boots – I know a lot of people have very divided opinions on Uggs, but I absolutely love them! When it’s cool enough to wear the comfy Sheepskin lined boots, which keep my feet ridiculously warm- it’s a bit like wearing slippers in public, so comfortable! I’ve had mine for about 2 years so please excuse the bit of fading round the heels, I think it’s because of the way I take them off, but the lining inside hasn’t faded or flattened at all, it’s still as comfy, fluffy and warm as the day I got them.
What are your favourite things about Autumn? Tell me below, or on Twitter @beccasshopping